SAY YES! TO CHANGE WITH EXPRESSIVE ARTS
> What matters to me the most is to empower people of various cultures and origins by encouraging them to find their voice using the arts.
As an expressive arts facilitator, I deeply believe that art is indigenous to humans. The ability to make art is something that we all share.
> My mission is to support self-expression through creation, facilitate change using arts, and cultivate a deep connection with other humans and the world at large.
Are you ready to come to your senses and tell your story using the arts? Find the courage to express yourself and move towards a more fulfilling life!
FIND YOUR TRUE VOICE
Invite little miracles into your life. Discover the hidden treasures of your personal resources. Make a smooth transition.
Through expressive arts consulting, you can explore your identity, connect with yourself and others, create more awareness, integrate existing knowledge with new findings, find a place of belonging, and welcome change with more ease.
It is all about how you shape your story.
SAY YES! TO CHANGE
- Do you experience difficulties in adapting to a new situation in your life?
- Are you going through a major transition related to your career, identity, move to a new place, or a cultural shock?
- Do you experience creative blocks and other difficulties in the process of shaping your professional career?
- Are you an international student/employee/scientist settling down in a new location?
- Do you come from a cross-cultural background and would like to explore your identity?
- Are you a migrant/refugee/expat integrating a foreign culture?
The expressive arts process is for everyone. No previous experience with arts is required. Just be open to come to your senses through the arts!
EXPRESSIVE ARTS SESSIONS
Currently, I offer support in the form of individual face-to-face consulting sessions, online self-discovery sessions, group workshops, and community activities. In my facilitator work, I use expressive arts* therapy methods.
*Expressive Arts (EXA) is a process- and resource-oriented method that uses various forms of art. Often multiple art genres are included in a session or a workshop. The instructions for particular activities are easy and fun. However, they have a high emotional impact (“low skill – high sensitivity”). It is an innovative arts-based method that is considered very gentle and effective at the same time.
Please check my current expressive arts workshops and events list.
NOTE! All expressive arts activities and sessions offered before June 30th, 2020 are a part of my Expressive Arts Therapy internship at the European Graduate School.
BENEFITS OF EXPRESSIVE ARTS
- Increases self-awareness and self-understanding,
- Helps to discover already existing and new resources,
- Teaches relaxation and body-awareness,
- Increases physical, mental, and emotional flexibility,
- Promotes openness to new experiences and new healthy ways of self-expression,
- Explores relationships and improves soft skills,
- Supports team-building,
- Stimulates creativity and feeds imagination,
- Builds aesthetic responsibility.
My vision of art-based learning crystalized over the years. Very early on during my undergraduate studies, I started running workshops using art-related methods. Eventually, I became a professional art educator, designing and teaching courses for various target groups. In this way, I learned about the strengths and weaknesses of educational systems. Working with students of various nationalities, forced me to ask questions about the nature and goals of education in general and art education in particular. This is why I decided to take my practice to the next level and study art therapy.
My international experiences made me extremely sensitive to different aspects of migration, belonging, and identity. As an expressive arts practitioner, I believe that art-making inspires, connects, and transforms humans on multiple levels.
I am also a co-founder of Yohaku Art Collective focused on supporting processes of inquiry and transformation through art-making.
- M.A. degree in graphic design (multimedia),
- Ph.D. degree in visual arts,
- more than 10 years of experience in art education,
- CRKBO teacher certification (official Dutch educational audit),
- Certificate in Expressive Arts Facilitation from Step Ahead Expressive Arts Institute Berlin,
- Last year M.A. student of Expressive Arts Therapy in Germany and Switzerland.
- Centrum Psychoterapii Łobzów, Kraków, Poland (internship)
- Conestoga College, Kitchener, ON, Canada
- CAF+KA (Contemporary Art Forum Kitchener + Area), Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Button Factory Arts, Waterloo, ON, Canada
- Cambridge Centre for the Arts, Cambridge, ON, Canada
- Alternatives Journal, Kitchener, ON, Canada
- SAE Online Magazine, SAE Institute Europe
- DIY Textile School, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- SAE Institute, the Netherlands
- the FOTOfactory, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Jan Matejko Academy of Fine Arts (Faculty of Industrial Design), Kraków, Poland
- Nicolaus Copernicus University, Toruń, Poland
- Children’s Creative Art Centre and Gallery, Toruń, Poland